View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Cotton coats grow much quicker than silky coats. Cotton coats also grow "out" instead of down, so it looks like so much more hair. If your yorkie already has considerable length at three months, he is blessed. It usually takes at least a year for them to get the flowing look. We had Toto in full coat before. It took about a year for his coat to get that long. He has great hair, thick, silky and straight. The problem is he pees on it. To try to avoid that we tried pinning up his hair on walks, shaved his undercarriage, he still smelled really bad bc no matter what we did he still got pee on himself. So we ended up shaving him and just leaving his head and legs. We've since even shaved his legs bc it's so much work. I love the look of a topknot so I deal with that and the length on his head and neck.

Who is the one in charge of the grooming, bc I'd think the one who does the larger share of the grooming will have less issue with the chop.

BTW when I read "chop" I thought you were getting ready for his neuter!

Last edited by capt_noonie; 11-28-2015 at 08:03 PM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!