View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
AlfiesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Found mass on my wee Alfie's bladder!

Hi everyone, at the moment I am waiting on results of a biopsy done on a mass that has been found on my wee Alfie's bladder. But I am absolutely out of my mind with worry.

Alfie is 8 years old and we noticed he had blood in his urine months ago. It didn't show every time he peed and so in September I took him to the vet to get checked. It turned out they found a stone in his bladder which they removed there and then, gave him antibiotics and painkillers. He was on the mend pretty quickly and then about 3-4 weeks later we starting noticing the blood again. So they tested his urine again and scanned him and found nothing but just the occasional crystals so gave him a 10 day antibiotic injection. About 3 days after that injection finished we noticed the blood again. So I took a urine sample in on Monday and they said they found no crystals but a lot of blood. So they examined him on Tuesday and that's when they found the mass on his bladder.

So I am waiting to see what type it is but I just can't understand how they did not see this in September when they were doing the surgery. The nurse said to me that when they did the surgery it could have aggravated his bladder so it could have happened because of it.

I am so worried as I keep reading about TCC!! Although the vet told me it could be a benign polyp and can be removed with surgery. But I have read on the internet that this is rare. They also told me that it was not near any vital structures and therefore easy removed.

Help, I am so sick with worry.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!