View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #1
swan
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Let's talk about coat baby!

I was at a show last weekend and I was speaking to a long time breeder of over 40 years. She is a very smart lady, an absolute expert on breeding and on Yorkies. We were talking and she told me "You know, Yorkies are the hardest dog to breed". She continued "You can have great structure, temperament and of course health, but it is so hard to get that coat perfect. The blue of the coat should look like the inside of a rifle". We talked and she felt if anything in the breed needed improvement it was getting more "blue" coats into the ring. Overall she felt the breed was doing well and that there were in her opinion many excellent breeders. She was not alarmist about it, just an honest assessment by a master at her craft.

So I pose the question to our incredibly knowledgeable YT breeders. What can breeders do to get that coat perfect. Obviously if you breed two dogs with a blue coat then in theory you should get more blue coats. But it's not that simple. What are some things that you have tried either successfully or unsuccessfully?
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!