View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Scoobstersmom
YT Addict

Moon Struck,

I am sorry that Lucy's last moments were not what you expected. The loss is so huge. We make that last sad decision for our pets in order to end their suffering and bring them peace so I hope that is what happened for Lucy. I have had to let two go - both over 16 years old and raised by me since puppies - in the past two years. Both times it was a calm, peaceful and almost spiritual experience for me and for them. I was very sad, but felt comforted as well. And I still miss them, but I know I will see them again.

I believe that when the time is right you will be able to open your heart and your home to another precious furbaby. We have two new sets of tiny feet pitter-pattering through our house now. Our Lucy is a three year old little toy poodle (named Lucy for her red hair) that was a rescue our vet placed with us after she was caught up in a raid of pups being smuggled across the border from Mexico. She's an amazing little girl. We also have our Ranger, who is also a rescue and a giant teapot yorkie at around 14 pounds. I was at the shelter dropping off some medical supplies to donate shortly after we lost our Scooby, and met a lady in the parking lot that was there to surrender Ranger because she said he had grown too big for her to manage. Well, he got surrendered that day, right into the backseat of my car.

We didn't go looking, and had no intention either time of adopting another dog but we were open to the love they brought into our home. Neither are replacements for Scooby and Peaches (the babies we lost), but they've found their own spots in our heart. When the time is right for you, a few little friend will find you too.

Hugs,

Diana
Scoobstersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!