View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
Tink04
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
I do love my baby but sometimes she creeps me out. For example, every evening I have a routine. When it is time for bed, we go upstairs and Duchess (after playing)gets in the bed on her pillow and blankie. However, she doesn't go to sleep, she just watches me while I am getting ready for bed (shower, brush teeth, lotion down etc). When I look her in the eyes, her eyes do not divert. She stares right back at me but not defiantly like a cat would. My cat could stare me down, and if looks could kill I'm sure I would of die at least a thousand times. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else babies do this.

The other pets I had in the past would just go to sleep and would be snoring by the time I got in bed but not Duchess she just watches me. I also think she is an insomniac or she is a very light sleeper. I've had her for about 18 months and I have only seen her eyes closed a few times. When she is extremely tired she will sleep soundly and will even snore but mostly she never sleeps.

I've had pets my whole life and all of them loved sleeping. Duchess is the only pet I've ever had that doesn't sleep.
My cocker spaniel rescue has some issues with behavior after we adopted her. She was very "in-confident" in herself... when I went to a trainer (who trains police dogs and service dogs for injured veterans) she told me that I should strive to get Maddie to make eye contact with me, because that means she was "looking to me for guidance".
I think it's a good thing, our babies can't talk, so eye contact is just their way of telling you they love you.
Tink04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!