View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
Torguy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhh75572 View Post
I have always crated mine because I sleep better knowing they are safe and that they cannot get into anything. They do cry at first, but they get used to it. I put toys in the crate, and I would also give treats while they were in the crate. I also cover my crates. It seems they sleep better if the crate is completely covered.

Since you have a small puppy, I would use an x pen with puppy pads so they can leave the crate and go to the bathroom. Once they are old enough to hold their pee all night, then I would put them in the crate. A little puppy cannot hold it all night and you will teach them to go to the bathroom in their crate, which you do not want to do.

I would put them in a pen, though. This way they cannot get into something or tear something up during the night. It will also help with potty training.

I just cannot believe it but it seems hes already crate trained!, Very intelligent little guy, now I put him in and just lay down without a peep, I do keep a nightlight on but will slowly get rid of that also when he's a little older.

I will try and check out the x pen tomorrow, thanks for the advise.
Torguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!