Thread: met my new pup
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

Default met my new pup

Well...I spent about 10hrs in the car today driving to and from to see my pup. I am glad i did. I am spending A LOT of money on this dog...more then I intended.
Still a little unsure about a couple of things but I put a deposit down. I am glad that the breeder is so attentive to her dogs and me because meeting him just this once would not have been enough for me to decide. It has been the breeders daily details and trying to meet my criteria that had me put down the deposit. VERY cute dog and very nice breeder. i wanted about 5 of her dogs. It was a real treat to see all of those YOrkies. my mother...the none animal lover and adament about NOT gettng more then one dog...wants me to ask the breeder about another dog there...she wants one too. ha!
anyways, I do have pics but I don't know if I can share them until he actuall comes home. I did put down a deposit and signed a contract. I am picking him up in 3 weeks.
The one thing that made me a little disapointed is that he didn't come running to me. Some of the others jumped right into my lap. This one wanted to explore everything. Very outgoing. I was trying to wait for him to come to me. I know there is a HUGe difference in social skills from 8-9 weeks to 12-14. I've seen it first hand in terriers. I met a dog who was the same way...wanted more to do with surroundings then people. 3-4 weeks later...I meet him and he is all over me.
When I did pick up my pup, he was licking my nose like crazy and liked to go through my hair. He let me rub his stomach and seemed very loving.
This is all so new to me.
suzie
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!