View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Pancreatitis

Hi.
So sorry your baby has this nasty disease. Sounds like she has other issues too that mean she has to take more meds, poor baby.
It does seem that some Yorkies are predispodsed for the horrible P disease. My dog had a mild attack about a year ago and ever since I have fed him Hills ID Low Fat Prescription kibble and perhaps sometimes the canned ID if he is not feeling so good. The vet told me to feed no people food now and I think my issue with him before was I used to give him meds in cheese, so he gets no cheese now. Since on the Hills he has been fine and the PCL numbers are down to 63.
As he is so well, I now put a small amount (Like a thumb nail) of boiled low fat chicken breast as a topper for the kibble to give him some 'real food'. I also give him some cooked veggies as a treat if we have them.
My dog also has acid reflux disease and I have a theory that acid has some bearing on P in his case, but no proof! Since his last attack when he was prescribed Pepcid antacid, I give him Pepcid at night with his last small meal, he is very well. Now he has no throwing up bile in the mornings.
Hope your girl feels better soon and is back with you and keeps well on the special diet.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!