View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
Scribbledpaper
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYorkie
Buddy's going for shots tomorrow - distemper (with parvo?) and rabies. The vet told us to wait a little extra time bc of the kennel cough...so Buddy's 15 wks (2.11 lbs).

When my kids were infants, I went through hell trying to handle the vaccinations. DH came to most appts & I insisted no more than 2 vac. at a time. My dd ended up with an adverse rxn to DPT & it was so scary. Now I'm freaking about the dog's shots and the stress is a bit much (will probably need my Xanax )

I do hope everything goes well but my thoughts get so ahead of themselves...fears of reactions, concern the vet isn't open all day tomorrow or on Sunday, just an emergency clinic - will the dog get sick and on a family b-day wknd? etc, etc, etc*sigh*.

Anyway, I want to be more positive about all this but anxiety has the upper hand right now. Any words of encouragement or advice on making this easier on Buddy (and me) would be most appreciated. Thanks so much.
Cheryl
We just went through that last week. Frogknot is about Buddy's age! Frog was under the weather for about a day after the shots. He bounced right back though and he's fine now! I'm really glad to have it over with. I hate thinking that he doesn't feel good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!