View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Definitely do the blood work before anesthesia but the dental must be done. The risk she is at due to high bacteria counts that enter the blood stream and cause inflammation of the outer wall of the heart (endocarditis) which will cause sudden death, the infection that she likely has the start of already which can travel to the brain and cause death or to the eye which she will then lose- all of these issues will cause emergency surgery btw, at least in this case you can prepare better and have time to do thorough blood work- all of these reasons outweigh a concern- genuine though it is- about a very reguLar procedure. Your dog is in pain, her gum tissue is inflamed and her mouth is full of bacteria. I know it is scary but please realize, what she is dealing with right now is much scarier- her health is being pushed to the brink, dental care is a very serious issue. To ease your mind a bit my Lilah is four pounds and has done well being put under for her procedures I bet, with proper pre blood work done to insure her liver is functioning properly and can safely process anesthesia, that your little girl will do just fine. But she will not if her very serious health issues, her dental issues, are not addressed- you just might not realize that was the cause when it happens. My best wishes are with you and your sweet little thing, I am so happy you guys are reunited and I am sorry that her health is not well now but I am sure it can be again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!