View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #20
addevo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by addevo View Post
Wendell asked me to thank everyone for their support! I have gotten so much good advice and information about how to take care of him from YT. He was born in an Oklahoma puppy mill that has since been shut down, came to us through a rescue as a two year old and since then has devoted himself to giving back to the community. He spends his free time as a therapy dog visiting residents of nursing homes, and going to libraries so that children can practice reading aloud to him. He also helps us socialize our foster dogs, and is especially good with the shy, fearful ones.

He LOVES to dress up and have his picture taken, and will hold his pose as long as the camera is pointing at him. Here is one of the "outtakes" from his location shoot at the Lincoln Monument in Washington DC. As I was trying to get a good photo of him, I heard alot of commotion going on behind me. I turned to see a gallery of tourists taking his picture too. So I stepped back and got this shot of him with the "paparazzi."

Thanks again for supporting Wendell! I'm hoping that his prize will be something we can donate to the rescue we adopted him from to help another little homeless dog find their way to a loving new home.

Reading this over, I realize that in my excitement, I totally forgot to congratulate all of the other Yorkies who got dressed up for the 2015 Halloween Costume contest. I am always blown away by the creativity, care and LOVE that goes into this each year. There are stories of animal cruelty and neglect everywhere you turn, but it is such a huge TREAT to see this gallery of pampered pooches. Many thanks to the organizers, sponsors and YTers who make it such a fun event!

Last edited by addevo; 11-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.
addevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!