View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #9
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by softlyspeaks View Post
I would first ask for references and do a little background check on the breeder because you would not want a sick puppy. Buying a sick dog will not only be an expense for you for the long haul, a burden to always keep a watchful eye because the dog may have a medical emergency at any moment and a heart break when the dog dies at an early age. In the US there must be a way to get references for breeders, an association in your area. Make calls to the association to see if there were any complaints about the breeder. Google their names and ask for references and you'll be surprised at what you may find. Look at the dogs for signs that they are sick. I understand that tea cup is a term we have used for a smaller dog of a breed but in the yorkie world, it typically means smaller than 4 pounds and although some of them are cute, most of them are not cute and they are very sick. A dog that is 4-7 pounds is still a very small dog and much healthier, if they come from someone who takes care in breeding healthy dogs.

I did online reference check on a breeder in the USA, a breeder from this very forum and I know I wouldn't buy a puppy from a breeder who acts like this. Buying a puppy should be a joyful event, not a stressful event. If they are so overbearing, chances are their dogs are sick and need special care. At least that's the way I would interpret this review.

Specialty: Yorkshire Terrier

Average Rating
(2 Ratings)
Need a lawyer for this one February, 2011
Made me feel like a criminal. Asked so many questions, thought I should bring a lawyer to represent me. Left without a purchase.

I was very fortunate, that with a bit of persistence, I found a reputable breeder. But I had to figure out what association could give me a name of an honest breeder with healthy dogs and puppies. He has been wonderful to me. So kind, informative and helpful and most of all non judgmental.

Best wishes to you, I hope you find a sweet yorkie baby that is healthy and you do not need to fear hypoglycemia and the many things people have to constantly be thinking of after buying a yorkie regarding health. Try not to buy a puppy on impulse but think it through and when you have a peace in your heart. It is a commitment to a dog and a healthy dog will make your enjoyment of your pet so much more enjoyable! It's a shame that the yorkshires have been over breed by people only interested in money and not the health of the animal and the happiness of their human families.
No I call this breeder being very careful with who they are placing their puppies with AS IT SHOULD BE. IF a customer has a problem with a breeder asking them questions, then that makes me think the customer has something to hide.
So you see it works both way's, not just with what you are thinking !!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!