View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am so sorry for what you are experiencing......especially sorry for Zoey.....she does not understand grand kids, small child, etc....all she thinks she knows, is HER space is being invaded by a small, loud, fast moving person that she is not equipped to deal with. I have absolutely no idea how to work thru this with Zoey....this is exactly why I do not sell my Yorkies to households with a child present under the age of 8 years old....depending on the size of the child, I MAY consider a child as young as 6, but never under that. The dog more often than not has a difficult time adjusting and accepting a small child that in the pups mind, is encroaching on everything that belongs to the pup! And young children under the age of 6 are just not mature enough with motor skills to safely interact around a small dog, resulting many times in injury to the pup from getting stepped on, or dropped........the majority of time, it turns into a battle for "ownership" of the human, the space, the toys, time, etc....

Good luck with this, let us know how it works out....praying for the best outcome for Zoey as well as the child.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!