Thread: Pet Insurance
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #20
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

I went with Healthy Paws. Most insurance will not pay for the vet visit so be careful unless you pay extra each month and unless you go to the vet more than once a month its not worth it.

A few things I learned:

1. I called during the waiting period and mentioned I saw some scratching and because I took my dog to the vet afterwards now it is being considered pre-existing so I would be careful not to call and ask questions during the waiting period and do not say when you saw the symptoms start. You can call and speak to a rep before enrolling also ask to speak to the claims adjustor if you want to ask about a specific illness/injury

2. Each insurance company has its pros/cons choose the best one that fits your needs.

3. Some Insurance have a per accident/illness deductible and a lifetime maximums

4. I went with Healthy Paws because they have a yearly deductible no matter how many illnesses and no lifetime maximum. Though they do have a yearly maximum of about $22,000 (but it resets each year)

5. Ask lots of questions and read their sample policy very carefully

6. Canine Journal has a great article on the best and worst pet insurances its very informative. Pet Insurance Comparison 2015: Are You Ready For a Vet Emergency?

Overall I think Pet Insurance is a great option to have especially for those that do not have thousands of dollars sitting in a bank account.
aweitzm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!