View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
mariasanchez
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBeowulf View Post
What I did with Beowulf was tell him "no potty here, bad boy! Pick up his poop and put it on the potty pad and told him "you go potty here, good boy" and I would leave the poo there and I would leave him in his play pen for a while. Every time he went potty on his pad I would get all excited and give him a treat. Some people recommend keeping the puppy in one area until the puppy is fully trained. If not watch the puppy like a hawk! Which is what l did as soon as I saw him getting in that position I picked him up and brought him to his play pen and said "go potty". The times I didnt catch him I would pick up the poop and put it on his pee pad. I have heard of some people keeping there dog on a leash in the house to keep him close that way you can watch him better. I hope this helps! Happy training.
Unfortunately I have to clean up her poop as soon as she goes. She has coccidia and she's being treated and gets re tested next week until then I have to clean it up asap. Once she's cleared I will try that and hopefully she will learn. I wouldn't be able to keep her leashed.. I've tried putting a collar on her and she alligator rolls no stop. I haven't tried her harness yet, so I'm not sure how she will react to it.. (the collar is just for me to know where she is. It has a bell on it. I have a harness for a leash) But she will wear one soon rather she likes it or not. Thank you for your advice
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!