View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

To be honest, most everyone on Yorkie Talk (myself included) does not have the knowledge needed to determine if a dog is show quality. Some dogs are so obviously pet quality (like my two) that we would have no problem looking at them and saying they are definitely not show material (but certainly no less great pets). I've been to dog shows and have seen the Yorkies in the ring, and to me they all looked gorgeous and I have no idea why one was chosen over the other, but of course the experts in the ring know all the finer points and the reasons why.

That being said, there are a few show breeders here that would know if those pups had potential. Perhaps if you could get pictures (lots of pictures from different angles) and videos to see their gait and post them here there could possibly be someone that could see if any of them have potential.

Is the breeder you are talking to a show breeder? If so, they are extremely picky (and rightfully so) regarding who gets their pups that are show quality. If they are not a show breeder, I would not believe anything they say about a pup's show potential, but that's just me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!