View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #14
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiesyrky View Post
Could it be that your dog is not feeling well or has some health issue?
I don't know if the vet has done tests on him to check if he is ok? If not I would certainly do them. Could be nothing, but this is the way my dog behaved when he got pancreatitis and acid reflux. Hope your dog is just picky but I would check him out. He could also have teeth problems that stop him eating?
Hope you solve this soon and he feels better and is eating.
I would just make sure these things are ruled out as well. Dental issues can happen earlier than we expect- my mothers Maltese had to have extractions at age two! Has your little guy had a blood panel recently? Being prone to liver issues like yorkies are can make some foods harder for their little bodies to process. I am sure there are a myriad of hidden medical causes that we as lay people could miss- I know you have spoken with your vet but maybe you should push to run a blood panel?

Lilah has a history of picky eating. Her whole first year and a half was a stressful food roller coaster of liking then disliking a food. I was at my wits end from raw and natural and grain free brand to brand when I decided to give royal canin a try. Their Yorkshire terrier formula was not the one for us but the rc mini adult was the first food she ate for an extended period of time with happiness and gusto each day. After about nine months she started acting funny again so after two weeks of vomiting on first mate we tried natural balance duck and potato small breed bites and she is doing great on that right now, it has been at least a month. We keep out free choice kibble (being a skinny picky girl like she always has been free choice is the choice at our house) and she gets the NB duck and pot canned food morning and night with coconut oil in the morning serving and a powdered supplement in the evening feeding. We may try their sweet potato and chicken formula (white potatoes are high on the glycemic index and less digestible than sweet potato) or try going back to RC in the future but right now I am glad she is eating, happy and healthy. Good luck with your special guy!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!