View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
blorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Trimming penis hair

Hi, this is only my second post and I searched the topic before posting in case there was a thread out there already but couldn't find one. My yorkie is 4 and half months old. He's a wriggly squirmy guy and doesn't like being groomed but I have introduced brushing and he tolerates it for a little while. This is as far as I've gotten. I can't even imagine trimming hair where he really needs it, such as around his paw pads. Since I've gotten him (at 12 weeks), his hair has grown quite a bit, including his penis hair. I used to dab it with either a puppy wipe or some tissue right after he would pee, but as I can't be there every time, I don't really do that anymore.

I was wondering if penis hair is supposed to be trimmed. On the one hand, I see it as being unhygienic but on the other hand, maybe it's supposed to be there to protect the penis. And if it's supposed to be trimmed, how long should the hair there be, considering the puppy's size and age (he's around 5 lbs and a standard sized yorkie). Thank you.
blorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!