View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Kerri
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry Anyone Remember "Flossie"? End of the Road Here!

Hey guys,
Anyone remember the "When to Let Go Thread"? It was about my 18 year old poodle/lhasa apso mix that was my mother's dog that I took in. It has been well over a month now since I have noticed the signs of her life shortening. In the last week, Flossie is continuously drinking water and can not hold her bladder whatsoever. Since it has been warm in NC, I have been keeping her on my front porch during the day and bringing her in at night. Today has took a turn for the worst. Flossie has not made a sound in a long, long time...no barking, whining, growling, nothing! It looks like her bowels have shut down. She now has this high pitch bark (about 2 in a row) every minute or so. She is trying to use the bathroom but is backed up. She is covered in feces now. My heart is broken!!! Maybe I should not have let her come to this point. I just thought she would let me know when it was time and I now know...she is talking to me and telling me to let her go! She has been such a good dog but now I realize she is truly suffering.
Everyone left feedback letting me know that I would know when it was time. I now know...It's time to let go!
It sounds terrible but with her covered in feces I have to leave her outside tonight. I have made her a warm comfortable bed. She will have to be put to sleep tomorrow...no doubt about it!
Anybody willing to talk here??? PLEASE!
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!