View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 06:10 AM   #1
xac21
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Wont Leave Bed!!!

I am really worried about our Yorkie Tatis.

She is three years old and healthy. However, lately she has been refusing to leave her bed and/or crate. We live in a small apartment and have two beds for her. One is in the bedroom next to our room and the second is in the kitchen area. When the Mrs and I leave for the day we close the doggie door to the kitchen and she hangs out there all day. Its not preferable to keep her confined in a small area, but it has done wonders in getting her potty trained. (I cant wait to we have our house with a doogie door so she can have more freedom.) The wife and I also work 9 hours a day. We are always concerned that she will be lonely. We have thought about bringing in other dogs, but she doesnt get along with anyone but humans. We tried socializing her but she wont.

Well, all has been well and we have run into very few problems (The only big one is that she becomes CRAZY possessive with food, trash when she finds it, and artificial bones). However this week, she has become obsessed or unwilling to move from her beds. Yesterday she spent the ENTIRE day in the kitchen bed refusing to get up.

Knowing that she hadnt pooed or pee'd all afternoon, I decided to physically remove her from the bed and she went NUTS! She calmed down and we went for a walk like nothing had happened, she did her business, we got home and she layed on me for 30 mins. But after the 30 mins, she went back to her bed in the kitchen and stayed there until this morning, where she again refused to move! (normally at night she moves to her bed in the bathroom, she didnt) In the morning we take her out to pee, but she didnt move.

Has anyone run into this kind of problem? Does anyone have a clue on what can be going on with her?
xac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!