Thread: Pregnant Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 AM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
This is a perfect example of the type of post that incites discord on this site....let me explain why....

I went back and re-read all the posts....exactly which comment are you referring to as "sarcastic"? I guess it was MINE.... There was no question asked in the first post.....then asked about having a mentor or a vet available to help, and response was there is none... .....someone gave a list of 9 questions that would be helpful for someone offering help/answering questions......I advised (since the poster had already stated there was no mentor and no vet available at night!)the poster should take the momma to a vet that IS open 24/7 since delivery is expected soon so a safe delivery/live puppies would be the expected outcome, and she had never delivered her yorkie before.......the OP returned and said her first litter was 2 weeks early, she did not mention if the babies survived, babies delivered over 8 days before their due date are almost impossible to pull through, so the advise to take her to a vet for her delivery of this litterwas not absurd or harsh or rude to any breeder that has experience/knowledge/experience delivering puppies.....There were NO "sarcastic" comments made by anyone.....lately, people seem to be desperately looking to find fault with advice that is given with good intention....trying to deliberately gen up fighting and discord among posters.

It seems almost impossible to address some of the questions that are implied or we have to "read between the lines" and attempt to offer help, for fear of being accused of not helping the poster, even tho NO questions were asked, even accused and insulted and attacked for taking the time to stop and offer suggestions to comments made by people with pregnant dogs and NO experience with delivering puppies. This is REALLY getting to be like walking barefoot across broken glass or trying to walk on egg shells. How sad that "adults" can no longer read a response without accusing a well intentioned answer, of insulting people........ we take our time to try to give good advice garnered from the limited amount of information given to us and then we get attacked or accused of being "sarcastic".

I looked up the word "sarcastic" to make sure I remembered exactly what that means....defined as "cutting remark" or "criticism or reproach".....thank goodness I did remember what the word means, and thank goodness there were NO responses to her initial statement that was either of those definitions....of course, I suppose if someone was trying to whip up a fury or discontent among members here, that is easily done. Unfortunate for everyone concerned, when fire and smoke are seen and smelled where there is none......it becomes more of an unnecessary hassle to come here and try to help people, when well intentioned advise or answers to questions asked, are misinterpreted by some and then whipped into meanings they certainly are not designed to be. Unfortunately, it will be these people that have no knowledge about breeding/whelping/diets/sick/injured dogs, that whip up discord and incite anger among newbies, who then insult and accuse unjustly, people trying to help, that YOU are left to depend on for answers...... and then they just say "I have no idea about what to do so good luck on the delivery".... It just becomes too much of an unnecessary hassle to even bother making an appearance on this board. Such a shame......because the inexperienced people are what you are going to get left with, to offer help in areas needed regarding whelping and breeding, etc.

Judy that TAmmys response was directed to the OP and not you for sure! Just read above postings in order. How-ever everything you said is very true for a lot of breeding threads.

And on a pet forum I have always been a bit confused as to why have a breeders forum? I know the admin wants it - but it surely does seem to create a lot of discord.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!