Thread: My New Baby
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #10
ROSITA DENNIS
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love My New Baby

HI Everyone.
Thankyou so much for making me feel like home. You are all so nice and so friendly. So..Thankyou! It's very nice to know that there's a lot of dog lovers who are listening and that you all will understand my feeling.
Last year of July 15, I had to put down my baby which was a Bichon Frise. I had him for 10 years and he was 8 years old when I got him. My husband & I have no children so, dogs and cats are our children. To make my story short, after we put him to sleep, I went into depression. I cried everyday, as I felt dying in the inside everyday. I felt like my life has ended. It's good that I love my job as a nurse and I love taking care of older people, so I believe life goes on. I decided I do not want to go through that pain again so I thought.I do not want any dog again...ever. Anyway, there is a nurse at work who knows I was still recovering from the loss of my baby. He knows this older lady breeder as she is the friend of his family. He helps this lady clean her kennel. This nurse called me during my day off and asked me if Iam interested to have a Yorkie. I and my husband immediately checked what kind of a dog a Yorkie is in the internet. Wow! It's awesome, so my husband told me to go ahead as it might be my second baby. To make the story short, I brought home my bundle of fur. She was just a one little scared girl.I put her outside in our wood fenced backyard to do her business but she almost gotaway. She is so little and to my surprise went through the crack, ran sa fast as she could and hid in the rose bush growling at me. My husband came to my rescue. That day, I went to the pet store and got her food and collar. My husband doubled fenced the backyard so she won't get through. Well...you will be surprised, We got her last Feb. 2 and now she walks around the block 2 times a day and does her business outside. She has never learned for 7years to go out for a walk, do toileting outside, come when called...etc...etc...Anyway, I made a mistake with my last message. It was jan. when she had her 6th time of delivering babies. The breeder told me that she had made enough money from her so .I can have her for free. I will go on and on and on. Now, she is one happy dog playing with my husband's dog and cat, follows me around. She loves me a lot. Oh yes, I have to add too that I got her treated for fleas and whipworm. She had hysterectomy last Wed.as her uterus was badly infected. She had dental cleaning too as all her teeth were brown from tartar.
I got her for free but we already spent quiet a fortune but it's OK as she is now a one happy baby. Well...this is a very long story now. Thanks to all of you. Just to let you know that Iam happy again.
ROSITA DENNIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!