View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
sassyyorkies
YT Addict

So sorry for your little Ollie being attacked and I understand the trauma that you and he experienced. It's terrible to go out for a fun day and have such as this happen. The OP must not have been able to control his dog which is not a good situation to begin with. Dogs do get excited at times and bark at other dogs, that should not have provoked this pit bull to such behavior. If this was in a dog park then OP was responsible for having control over his dog. If it took 5 people to rescue Ollie then he for sure could not control his dog. If this was at a community park where families go then this dog could have easily bit a child. Because children love to scream and run chase each other.
Seems like OP needed his dog on leash if the dog wasn't trained to behave in public and around other dogs. I have nothing against Pit Bulls I think they can be excellent pets and well trained. But people who choose these dogs need to train them just as any dog needs Training. This could prevent many bad out comes. Thank goodness your Ollie will heal physically and in time maybe he will overcome this bad experience. Maybe you too will overcome this experience and as you said bring this to the attention of whom ever is responsible for maintaining this park!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!