View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njimko View Post
Hello All my 1yr and 8 mo Yorkie was panting and very nervous on Sat evening. I live in NYC and it didn't seem too hot. Not sure if it was because I was cooking a chicken in the oven and the apartment can tend to get hot from that. The panting went on for about 30 mins. I tried carrying him and reassuring him but he wouldn't stop.

What got me concerned besides the panting was his nervous attitude as if he was in distress, but he was fine. He wouldn't sit still. I sat on the floor to be next to him and he would jump on me and jump off and would go one way then the next. I was very worried. This happened 1 time before (in August 2015) and he was fine afterwards. Then it happened at night like 2 times I heard him panting while we were sleeping (again In August 2015). After that episode I took him to the vet and got him checked out (physical exam) and he was fine. He hasn't panted again since last Saturday, but I'm curious to hear if anyone has had this happen before with their babies.
Panting could be a sign of pain or discomfort. Since the Vet said they were ok at the time see if there is a pattern. Is it after a meal, had they been trying to poop earlier and couldn't? Also try to get it on video to show your Vet. Maybe some other posters will have good suggestions. It's so hard when we know they are upset but we can't figure it out. Best wishes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!