View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #10
Zeus is Loved
YT Addict

Same here. We're not known for winters in Mississippi; however, it has gotten really cold (0-20) degrees these past couple of years for about a week (the dreaded polar votex). This causes major problems here with the pipes in homes -- they are just simply not insulated for that type of weather. We have to leave all the doors to cabinets open, leave water dripping in the sinks, and insulate the spigots outside. Our Zeus LOVES cold weather and despises the heat. It snowed a little here last year, and we couldn't get him back inside. He ran from us. He absolutely loved it; then he would stand at the window and whine to back out. We have several sweaters for him. I also bought a "winter" harness for him. It has sherpa on the inside and wool on the outside. I also bought him a doggie "coat." It has sherpa on the inside and weatherproof material on the outside. I don't think these two would suffice for the north though. These were in a Tuesday Morning here for $6.99 and $8.99, respectively. But honestly, I think people up north would laugh at my "winter" coats! I, myself, wear shoes with no socks all year and don't own a coat, so I just can't understand. Good luck!
Zeus is Loved is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!