View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiesyrky View Post
Sorry to hear your baby is having these GI issues. Good that you took her to the vet for tests. These should show if there is anything wrong with her system, or if she just has a sensitive GI system.
Hope it is not this, but these symptoms can indicate pancreatitis and it flares up if the food is too fatty. But only the vet can diagnose what is troubling your baby and you will get the results soon. Hope she feels better soon. Please let us know what the vet suggests.

I would put her nothing by mouth for 24 hours, give her irritated system time to cal down....I would give her some yogurt to recolonize her bowel.....cottage cheese to calm her upset gut.....diarrhea can give them slick gut syndrome, all the normal flora washes out and you have what resembles a pipe that has been well greased with oil....everything just slides straight thru.....after 24 hours, you will be at the vet for testing/results....if she does not have pancreatitis, you can start her off slowly on maybe some boiled chicken for 24 hours....then slowly add maybe a little rice....I will be the FIRST to admit, I have not had a dog with pancreatic issues, and if I did, they would be on Royal Canin's formula for that issue.....there are people that have lived thru that problem with their pet and have treated it successfully... with their pet, so I will gladly defer to them! Be sure and let us know what the vet says......
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!