View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Default Cold induced ramblings...

So, I was sent home from my new job cuz I am sick and have a cough that mimics the sound of a barking seal. Understandably, no one wants to be around me except Sir Rupert Teddykins and Netflix.

Anyway, there has been a huge housefly circling my kitchen for days now. I have attempted to swat it, without success, on multiple occasions. So, today, I used some potpourri RAID on this pestilence as I am afraid of all flying insects and had very low tolerance levels with respect to feeling victimized in my own home by my fear and my cold.

Well, the fly died or so I thought. I found it lying face up and twitching some hours later and I felt so guilty for killing it and for making it suffer. I always feel guilty when I kill insects because I fear them. I tried to tell myself that flies are harbingers of disease, pests etc. but I still feel bad for killing a living thing.

So, I watched a documentary about Henry Ford and A Kings Speech and came here to distract myself from thoughts of the fly.....

Does anyone else feel guilty about things like this?? I think I may have been a Jain in a previous lifetime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!