View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 04:47 AM   #136
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Is that side of the house afternoon facing? Bc we put a few plants on our balcony which is north facing, but gets a lot of the afternoon sun from the side and they are not doing well. Bf wants to switch them out for bougainvillea. We have two cat claws which are doing decent, a honeysuckle that's no longer flowering, and another which I can't remember the name but it's spiky and has purple flowers and it has never bloomed yet.

Yeah still low 100s and high 90s in our forecast. Can't wait until it's sweater weather. Then we will be complaining about the cold. LOL How cold does it get in Phoenix? Colder or warmer than us? Last year we got down to the low 30s for a high around New Years but that was the coldest it got. Normally it's like in the 40-50s for highs.
I love bougainvillea for its ability to do so well in tough conditions, bc I need that here, to say the least lol. The plants are facing east, so the sun goes over them about mid-morning until early-to-mid-afternoon or so. They do get lots of sun, but do well.

In Phx, it's rare that we ever hit freezing, but nonetheless we usually do have just a couple/few nights of it during the winter. And I RELISH every delicious moment of it being "cold" here - I just love it when it's like that bc I can break out all my cool weather clothes that I crave wearing!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!