View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Are they pee pad trained or strictly out door potty trained? If they use the pee pads I would not crate them at night, let them sleep with you, crate them while you are at work. I know you wrote your apt. is small and e-pen would be too big for your apt. I never crated my dogs, but, all my passed girls I had as 8 week old puppies, until they ere 100% HOUSE trained to potty outdoors they were confined 8x3 area. At 7 months when they were fully trained I allowed them from from of my apt. At 5 months old they were fully paper trained and slept in the bed with me. I now have an adopted boy, he was 2.5 y/o when I adopted him, he was house broken, I had / have no issues with him destroying. His prev. owners crated him while they worked. He is now 4 y/o and handles being left alone for up to 7 hours on the few occasions I have to leave him. You not knowing their past history, not knowing their association with crating they may have a fear of crating. Hopefully others that have had crating issues will be along to offer up more advise on the crating and your sleepless nights. Hang in there, you have them just a short time, rescues need time to adjust to new schedule and new way of living with you "a new mommy to them". Keep in mind they came from ??? to a foster mom, then to you, that is 3 changes in a time frame you do not know. I realize sleep is very important but PLEASE be patient with these little boys.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!