View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Default crate training and dog

Thumper and Boomer do not like to be in the crate at night. I give them a treat and try and stay as quiet as possible if they sense me they start barking. I live in a studio so it is very hard not to walk around.

I am going on day three or four of no sleep. They will bark constantly for hours. I give them treats and a kong to play with and I have given them an old shirt of mine in the crate.

I just need suggestions on how to deal with the night time barking and separation anxiety I believe they may have. I also cover the crate at night and during the day to make it dark. I have put on music but that doesn't help. I am in desperate need of sleep.

They bark when I leave for the day in the crate but my dog walker says when she comes they are quiet. She spends at least 2 hours with them in the late morning/afternoon.

They do fine sleeping in my bed with me. When I rescued them I was told they were crate trained. I believe they may have regressed with all the changes going on in their lives. I leave them crated during the day M-F because I can't trust them yet to not destroy my kitchen. I would love for them to be able to roam the apartment and not destroy it yet but we are not at that stage.

I left them alone today in the kitchen for 30 minutes and they did great but when they saw me they wanted out immediately.

Sorry for babbling so much. I would appreciate any help in the matter.
aweitzm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!