Thread: itchy yorkie
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
dmartinez0984
Yorkie Yakker

Default itchy yorkie

hi does anyone have any experience with yorkie skin conditions. my 1 year old sophie seems to have a skin issue that the vets are trying to figure out. she at first had red spots all over her body about 2 months ago. vet thought maybe she got bit by a flea and had a reaction to the bite. which i doubt cuz neither one of my yorkies has fleas. so they put her on antibiotic and gave me a gentamycin spray to spray on her body. it cleared right up. then a few weeks later she got red dry scaly patches on the inner areas of her thighs. went back to vet and they gave me antibiotic and told me to give her benadryl every 8 to 12 hours. they wanted to rule out infection again to then see if she has a food or enviornmental allergy. she always seems itchy even though im giving her benadryl once a day. she constantly chews on her feet and scratches her ear so much she made her ear bleed. theres no ear infection cuz they checked her ear. i feel so bad. nothing in her diet has changed so i cant figure out what she could be allergic to.... her skin has red areas and is very flaky. if anyone can give me any advice to ease her itchiness or maybe an idea i can throw at the vets as to what this could be. i would appreciate it thanks.
dmartinez0984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!