View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
LadyGemma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Chews (bones, bullys, ears, etc) and Frequency

Moxie has a LOT of energy and is easily bored. Although we do one medium walk, one short walk, and a long walk to the park plus park playtime, she still likes to be busy, so she really loves her chews. I also used to be home a lot more to entertain her, but I have to be away more, so it gives her something to do when I am gone. I give her things like lamb ear, beef trachea, lamb lung, smokey filled bones, kneecaps, bully sticks, etc. Any chews that are animal parts and not manmade like rawhide or something w/ extra junk and filler. I used to give chicken feet and pig ear but stopped after getting some advice on here.

She eats about a chew a day. Is this too much? She is pretty thin (vet says she's healthy), although she has a hearty appetite. I feed her twice a day, plus she gets scattered stella & chewy treats, and often extra bits of fruit, veggies, or meat that I am eating (no cheese or grains). And then the chews on top of that, usually bully stick or smoked kneecaps these days. What are your thoughts? I always choose low fat chews (why I don't give beef trachea or chicken hearts as much anymore), but is this too much for her digestion?

I am asking as she's always been very regular w/ going number 2 twice a day, at night and in the morning. However, she hasn't gone in 2 days! She is not in pain at all, and has an appetite as usual. Could this be from the chews? Thanks
LadyGemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!