View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Default PePad Training and walking outside

I would like to train my two yorkies to use pee pads for when I am at work and bad weather. I do not care if they use the bathroom outside when I walk them. In my opinion they can use the pee pads 100% if they want.

They are two rescue dogs 3-4 years old. They are good walking with a leash. I do not know if they are fully housebroken as the foster mom is home all day and either lets them run in the backyard or walks them 5-6 times a day.

My question is do I take them for walks while I am pee pad training them or do I not walk them until they know that the pee pad is where they do their business.

I plan on using the walks for socialization and exercise. During the training period I have a person coming to check on them in the afternoons and want to instruct her how to go about training them.

Also, what is the best way for pee pad training I have read a few different suggestions as to cover the entire floor with pee pads (for me that is a big area as they will be confined to an eat in kitchen when I am at work) or just take them to the pad after meals and wait for them to go.

For those that say do not pee pad train them in my situation it would be best as I live in a high rise and the winter can get pretty bad. I appreciate any feedback/suggestions.
aweitzm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!