View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Bhellwig
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pancreatitis Diet

I wanted to share our experience with Pancreatitis, my 13 year old Yorkie Lucy developed bloodly/heavy mucus diarrhea. She stopped eating and got very sick, at 5 lbs it doesn't take long for them to really get in trouble..

Went to the emergency room vet, blood work for enzyme levels confirmed the Pancreatitis diagnosis.. So, what to do?

Vet said " low fat no fat diet ", gave me special dog food to try.. This dog food was a soy base soft food.. She wouldn't touch it..

She would not eat and I tried bone less, skin-less chicken and some vegs with pasta.. She would pick out the stuff she like and leave the rest.. I read every on-line search result that I could find and finally found the magic ingredient Sweet Potato.

I successfully controlled her Pancreatitis for 3 years until she finally passed from a stoke recently. Friends with Yorkies have had problems with Pancreatitis too.. This food fixed them right up and help put the weight back on .. Lucy got nothing but the food for three 3 years she loved it and the Pancreatitis would occasionally flare up.. but not for long.. She was healthy and active up until a stroke several weeks ago.

The Pancreatitis Diet

1 Boiled until completely cooked package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. About 8 thighs in a package.

2 cups Cooked pastine ( thats the small pasta for soup) cook it by microwaving 5 mins with 2 cans of no fat chicken broth.

1 can mix veg

2 large sweet potato Cooked ( I microwave these )

Place all the ingredients in to a large food processor and blend it into a thick paste. Storage in the frig or freeze the extra for later.. Scope out the meal size portion and with hold all other treats and snacks..
Bhellwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!