Thread: trys to bite us
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:59 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Biting is a sign he wants to be the dominate one. When I adopted Cody at 2.5 y/o and went to open my front door when someone came to the house, he wanted to dash out of the door, I would hold him back by blocking him with my foot, the first time I did this he went to bite my foot, In the firmest voice I could muster up without SCREAMING, I told him "no biting" this happened a couple of more times, again I used THE SAME COMMAND WORDS in a very firm voice "no biting", that stopped after 3 or 4 times. Shortly after that I started training him to sit, stay, down, wait, etc.
Now when someone comes to the door I tell him to STAY, WAIT I no longer have to foot block him, he follows the command..A day came when I had to move him from a place I did not want him out, I went to move him with my hand and he went to bite me, again in a firm voice "no biting" and removed him from the room completely, again this happened a couple of times he was told 'no biting" and removed from the room. Now there is no more biting, not even when we rough play, if I feel his play bite was to hard I tell him "no biting" he knows what that means and will mouth me but not bite . Train the "no biting" also the basic, sit, stay, wait etc.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!