View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Not such good luck with Chewy

My vet recommended Greenie Pill Pockets Allergy Formula with Duck and Pea for our pups pills and told me not to give them cream cheese anymore. So we bought a bag at Petsmart and they loved them. It made giving meds so much easier.

So I ordered 3 bags from Chewy.com bc the price was so much better. When I opened the first bag I noticed a much stronger smell...pretty stinky to be exact, but we figured they were really fresh and had more "aroma" to them. Since we started using them we have had problems with runny poop, vomiting, tummy gurgling, tummy aches, discomfort etc. But we didn't associate it with the pill pockets until now.

After using two bags and taking the babies to the vet and getting more meds (so MORE Pill Pockets) we figured it had to be the pill pockets causing it. I went on Consumer Affairs today and read many complaints about pill pockets so I called Chewey.com to tell them about it. The girl I talked to told me several times that if I thought something was wrong with them I shouldn't have fed them to my dogs. I told her it was only the second time we tried them and thought they smelled strong bc they were fresher and had more flavor in them.

After a long hesitation she reluctantly offered to send me TWO replacement bags of the same Pill Pockets but from a different lot and told me that if they smell bad to return them. She made me feel like a heel giving my dogs bad food and did not offer to replace them right away. She didn't offer to replace all three bags, only two. She didn't tell me to throw the remaining ones away. She didn't seem to be concerned or care even though I told her I had vet bills and meds that I thought were caused by the pill pockets.

What I really feel like doing is calling her back and telling her to forget it. After reading the terrible reviews about greenies and pill pockets and how the company doesn't address complaints, I don't think I trust the company that makes them. And I am wondering about my vet for insisting I use them. By the way, he sells them.

Last night Daisy had her last Metronidazole that she has been on for 7 days. I gave it to her in the tiniest bit of pill pocket that barely covered the pill. Her tummy rumbled so much and so LOUD last night that it woke me up twice. I sat up with her and what seemed like a painful tummy ache. I want to cry just writing this for causing my pups so much discomfort and pain.

I know this is more of a pill pocket complaint than a Chewy complaint. The gal from Chewy said sometimes being in hot temperatures can affect dog food products but is didn't sit in the hot sun at my house. I am wondering if mail order is the way to go with pet food after this. And I don't think I was treated as nicely by the Chewy people as others on here.

Would you tell them not to bother sending the pill pockets? I don't even know if I trust giving them to my pups. Some of the a Greenie reviews said that their Greenies arrived with maggots, some were brown instead of green like they should be. Makes me reluctant to buy anything from them again.

This whole thing has made me feel awful. What would you do? Would you try giving them the new pill pockets?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!