View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Before I knew Cody had allergy's I was bathing him weekly with a good quality oatmeal shampoo, why oatmeal? years ago I had a white Poodle that needed bathing quite often, I read using a oatmeal shampoo was safe for frequent baths, reason why I used it on Cody, 3 weeks later
he was biting at his back just above his tail causing sores, off to the vet we go where I learned he had environmental allergy's, oatmeal being a "grain" was doing more harm then good. He was given meds for allergy's and Hylite shampoo and Hylite spray cleaner that can be used everyday, gotten at vet only. Sorry I cannot suggest what to use to stop your babies itching and biting until you get to the vet, but if you are bathing him I would stop until you see your vet. Hopefully others may be able to suggest something you can use if there is anything. I am not an over the counter self med person so I cannot offer up any advise.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!