View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
DJ30
YT Addict

Default Dog Toothpaste/Gel

I found out that Virbac CET vanilla-mint (and other flavours) dog toothpaste is backordered where I live. Our vet's office has no idea when it will come in. We're almost out of toothpaste, and I'm looking for a safe and effective toothpaste/gel to use for Angel in the meantime. She has had a lot of teeth extracted and has some loose teeth, so we want to keep up her home care.

I know some of you use Tropiclean Clean Teeth Gel (Clean Teeth Gel | Products | Tropiclean) for your Yorkies. I emailed the company to find out what is in it and this is the response:

"Clean Teeth Gel:
Purified Water, Plant Derived Alcohol, Natural Mint, Glycerin, Natural Cleanser (proprietary blend), Carbopol, Chlorophyllin, Green Tea Leaf Extract

Plant Derived Alcohol - It is naturally derived from corn and the natural cleanser is derived from corn and palm.

Carbopol - Carbopol is derived from corn sucrose and is used as a "gelling" agent that enables the gel to adhere to the pet's teeth."

I thought corn was bad for dogs? Are the ingredients safe?

The vet's office has another brand called Imrex Breathalyser toothpaste (Toothpaste | imRex Inc.). What do you think of the ingredients?

Active Ingredients: n/a

Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Purified Water, Amorphous Fumed Silica, Sorbitol, Xanthan Gum, Dextrose, Glycerine, Hydrated Silica, Polysorbate 20, Cysteine, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Benzoate, Methyl Salicylate, Flavour, Potassium Thiocyanate, Lactic Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate and Vitamin E.

Any help would be appreciated.
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!