View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 AM   #11
Gracie1008
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I actually had the exact same issue (might still do, I am not sure since I bring Gracie to work now). She'd hate staying home alone and would pee and poop inside my bedroom every other day - out of anxiety, I believe. She would smear her poop all over the hardwood floors and it would be a huge mess to clean. It would take about thirty minutes to get the mess of the floors and I'd have to use the ice scratcher from my car to get it off.

She's fine most of the time now to stay by herself for about three to four hours max but I think she'd still make a mess if I left her for 4+ hours home by herself.

I've tried leaving her in her crate, one room, the entire place, leave her various toys, the tv on, calming puppy music ... with ehh okay results.

One thing that did help with the problem - it's just not an easy solution - was doggy daycare. She'd go for a couple months, five times a week, and then she'd be completely fine staying home on weekends and days when she wouldn't go to daycare - no matter how long I was gone. So I think LOTS of exercise is key. A tired Yorkie is a good Yorkie lol.
Gracie1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!