View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
windwalker
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Solid Gold for "Chubby's"

Haven't posted in a while, been busy with Liz's knee replacements, went great and my heart rebuild, feel 30 years younger.

So anyway Ginger's a year and half doing great, she has several jobs, being trained as service dog for hearing and other useful tasks such as finding dropped or out of place items. She's also does Modeling for Liz's business, Diva Dawgs, so every time Liz finishes a new costume, raincoat or whatever, Ginger has to Model it for hang, fit or pics. Well Ginger's agent was a tough negotiator, unlike Kerry, her cookie fees are high. She was not fat but since the present trend for Models is the Twiggy look, Royal Canin had to go. Started looking around at different brands that could be found local, decided on Solid Gold, Fit and Fabulous. Started switching yesterday, she loves it, picks out the SG kibbles first. She was taught from day one to eat what was put in front of her so she still finishes the RC, lol.

Now there is nothing wrong with the Royal Canin, it did what I wanted it to do. Gingers sister has been Showing in AKC Shows and winning steady, she's under 7 lbs. When we told breeder we wanted a pet yorkie and on the larger side, she did great with Ginger. She had one ear that still needed taping at 5 months, so rather then have one up and one down, we decided better both down and worked on the up ear. We converted to RC as soon as she adjusted to new environment. She is not fat per our Vet, but a solid pup at 10 lbs, but as dogs age, as with people, the food starts going to the waist. I like to keep dogs to a limited variety of foods, this gives consistent stools and better health, plus stools are a great indicator of problems. So the Solid Gold will allow for the treats and keep her from getting chubby.

We will be keeping track of results and if positive as we expect, we will possibly find another modeling job for Ginger. We plan on Contacting Solid Gold and start negotiating for a TV commercial series Contract similar to the Marie Osmond Nutrisystem
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!