Thread: yorkie problms
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
Brandy101b
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

I personally do not like puppy pads, or pottying in the house at all newspaper etc.... I have a 4 almost 5 mths old yorkie named Hannah and I do belive I got the luck of the litter! We keep her in a playpen with a crib tent secrured to it so she can't escape, we have a covered the floor with a large garbabge bag and placed a towel over it I keep her bed and food and water in there with her all the time, she also has her toys. She has NEVER pottied in her playpen she whines and jumps when she has to go and occassionally she gets up at night to potty and goes right back to bed. She has also never pottied in the house. Most people have trouble training yorkies so I feel blessed to have such a good girl.. I started her from day 1 , outside training, we started by going outside every 1/2 hr to and hour and gradually made it longer in between she now goes out every two- three and sleeps almost evrynight through the night.
Now that said if we will be gone more then 4 hrs (which is rare) because my husband works from home and I am a stay at home mom, we put her in the laundry room and we do put down plain newspaper but she has never used it while we were away.
My point I just think puppy pads confuse the puppy, they are still in the house so they still think they are pottying in the house, then you want them to switch to outside and no longer potty in the house. I just think there little brains don't get it LOL/
Good luck I hope your babe gets the potty thing down!
Brandy101b is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!