View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
Seatrtle
Yorkie Yakker

Default Possessive over me?

Hi all. I need your help. Harlie is now five months old and has started to act what I think may be possessive over me. If she is laying on my lap and my older dog comes over she growls and lunges at him. This morning when it happened, I told her no and called my other dog over and she either had to be ok with it or leave my lap. She did leave, but she came back and sat on my lap and then she started licking the other dog. (?) I wasn't sure until today if it was me or her balls that she was possessive over, but the balls were no where near us this morning. I do realize now that this behavior probably started within the past few weeks, but I didn't realize what she was doing because her reaction wasn't as extreme. So now I realize that I have allowed it to happen.....how do I correct his behavior now?

Do you think this may be something other than possessiveness?

I also was off from work from the day I got her until recently. She was used to seeing me all day, but now I have returned to work and she is adjusting to her new schedule. Not sure if this has anything to do with her behavior. I'm not exactly sure when the signs of this started - I think it may have been before I returned to work, but maybe that has contributed to the escalation?

Any help is appreciated.
Seatrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!