View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I totally agree 10 hours in a confined crate is not a good thing.
My dogs had free roam of my entire apartment when I was a renter. Then I bought a house, the prev. owners had 2 dogs. I had all carpets professionally cleaned before I moved in. I worked 2 states from where I lived, I was gone 15 hours a day. When I moved here I had 2 yorkies who had to be retrained to pee on pads, they had free roam of the house who also unbeknownst to me were peeing on the living room carpet while I was at work, one would pee, the other would pee on top of that pee. I discovered the peeing when I walked barefooted one day and discovered the wet spots. My kitchen has linoleum flooring, it is a nice size room, I put them in there and gated it off. No more peeing in the living room they used the pads. You MUST give your dog more room, he is most likely bored and entertains him self by shredding his pads, that is a fun thing to do. He needs space to walk around. Look into the x-pen if you cannot confine him to a room like your kitchen. I am not in favor of bath rooms as there is not a lot of room in them, JMO.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!