View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 08:20 AM   #15
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post

That is not a bad idea....the police already say "they" are tying their hands more and more....the crooks and thugs and law breakers are running rampant and will eventually so out number the capabilities of police.....some cities and States are already there.....thank God, Texas is still in control...and meanwhile, government officials in some cities and States are taking away law abiding citizens right to protect themselves against these social misfits. Texas is still pretty strong with laws and law enforcement and what they will tolerate and what behavior will not be tolerated at all.....but people had better get ready to defend themselves because it is going to reach a tipping point all over this country and there will be no one but YOU to protect YOU.....and if you dont have a weapon and know how to use it, you can bet the thug coming at you does.
Oh I have a weapon and know how to use it. I'm a Texan, lol! My Dad taught me and my sisters at a young age.

In 1990, I was going through a divorce, and I won't go into it, but I had a restraining order on him for good reason. He called me up one day and said that since I was living alone I needed a gun and he would bring one to me. I was like OH CRAP there is NO way I'm allowing THAT so I told him that was not necessary because I already had one (I didn't, I lied). He was shocked.

Someone I knew at work had a FFL so I asked him for advice on a handgun for home defense, and he sold me a Lady Smith revolver (such a purdy thing!). About a year later, he asked me out on a date, and my first thought was that "he must be OK because he knows that I am armed." Three years after that we got married so I've been married to my gun dealer now for 20 years.

He has his CHL and we do pretty much everything together so I just thought that we didn't both need one, but with everything that is going on I am totally rethinking that. Also, I've been told that after January 1, when open carry becomes law, it will be more difficult to get a CHL. I take that to mean that there will be more to learn for the test.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!