Old 08-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corfield View Post
"I have seen" = overly neurotic.

The exception isnt the rule.

If you dont want your dog pregnant it needs to be kept away from / watched like a hawk when it is in standing heat and any where near or can get to an intact male.

If you have an "accident" take the dog to a vet to get a pill.

A small dog or you can get hurt in a shagging competition.

It isn't complicated.

Correct! It isnt complicated at all....spend a minute to get it done right and avoid the expense and trauma to your little dog.... In light of the fact that there are many people that would never consider "abortion" in their female, "the rule" is clearly preventing the incident to begin with.

"Overly neurotic"???? Not hardly!!

There are two kinds of people in this world....those that avoid complications/issues/problems/messes........and those that scurry around in a frenzy, trying to mop up the disaster caused by an attitude of indifference or neglect. I have always been one to avoid problems, rather than having to dash around trying to clean up a mess that was created because of my stupidity. When someone comes to the site asking a question they want help with, and you can clearly see from the question, the person is NOT a breeder, has no idea what a "standing heat" is or when it occurs, could not believe the lengths a male and a female in heat will go in order to mate, it is imperative therefore, as an educated breeder/dog owner one must share that knowledge. To neglect to impress upon that person, the unbelievable attempts a male and female will go to succeed in breeding, is neglecting the opportunity to teach.

There are people that do not believe in giving a pill that will abort a pregnancy. There are people that would not dream of aborting a litter of developing puppies. There are people like me, that believe PREVENTION is the best policy. Because "a small dog or you can get hurt in a shagging competition", it is clearly common sense to avoid that situation.....it isnt complicated.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 08-29-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!