View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Piddle Place
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default national dog day today

My Kippers came to work with me today to help me celebrate, and Jazz is sleeping soundly on my co-workers lap. Kippers is laying under my desk right now with her favorite squeaky toy, bringing sunshine to a rainy day. At 14 years old, she now has cancer and so many aches that her vet bills cost more than my mortgage. I am sadden to think about life without her, and Jazz will miss her too. Together they has survived the loss of my son, the loss of my father, and been there with their heads on my lap to offer me comfort when I am in despair, they just knows. I cried when I found out Kippers' cancer was not treatable, and we now are trying to enjoy our remaining days. If she knows that her days are limited, she shows no signs, perhaps she thinks I don't know and doesn't want to worry me.

My Kippers is the reason our Piddle Place exists, and this has helped us to support many shelters around the world, and help me find Jazz. (the dog in my photos) Those people I see as I drive home from work with their dog tied to a tree out in their yard for months at time, without release or attention.....to me you do not deserve to have your dog. You have missed the opportunity at knowing a loving loyal friend. The stress released when you walk in the door to a happy thumping tail. A cold wet nose to surprise your un-expecting body parts at odd times.

Today is National Dog Day. I am now crawling under my desk with Kippers to rub her belly, scratch her behind her left ear, and remind her Jazz and I love her, and that we are family.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!