View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #23
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Asian diets that have soy are whole soy, like edamame, tofu, bean curd, natto, etc. Not as fillers to something else. Not only that, but Asian foods for the most part are mostly fish and veggies, not much as processed foods.

The only thing that gets me is soy milk, bc of what my dad told me, but I don't know if it's true. He said so many Asians of the old generation only drank soy milk and not cow milk. There's no calcium in soy milk, and that's why Asians are short. Nowadays, of course cow milk is readily available in Asia. When I went to mainland China I was surprised at how tall everyone was. Most girls were about 5'6-5'8" towered over me (I'm 5'2"). But Asian girls in the US are still pretty short. Isn't that weird!
That's interesting, I've wondered about that and have met several Koreans that swore that the population as a whole was lactose intolerant. She said no one drinks milk beyond mother's milk. This was more than 20 years ago. I'm not sure if more milk would make us taller than average, Italians eat so much cheese, you think they'd all be basketball players.

Join today and remove this ad!