View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I have had a cat along with my dogs all these years....my son's cat...but, when the cat we had back then, swiped at one of my dogs and caught her in the eyeball, cat was declawed....and for the next 12 years, twice a day, I put drops in my baby's eye because of the injury done by that cat's claws. I have never allowed another cat in the house without declawing it first.....his current cat, Stacie, is declawed and has always done just fine....of course, we do not allow our animals, even the cat, to run the neighborhoods....this cat has not been outside since she started looking at the backyard fence with wanderlust in her eyes....and she adapted well to the procedure.....she does not miss her claws anymore than she misses her uterus, and we are all (including HER) are much more content! I know there are people that fixate on a cat's claws and think it is a terrible thing to declaw them, but I dont believe it....any more than I think spaying/neutering, or docking my dog's tails, is abusive.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!