View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #29
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
So much has happened since I was last on this thread. I needed the time to think and to figure out what is best for our family. You can not even imagine how stressful it has been for me but thanks to some really great vets/docs and for some even better people who I choose to allow into my life I now feel that everything will be ok.

Unfortunately I got even more bad news concerning one of my other pups and things got way worse before they got better and some very difficult choices had to be made which I don't care to go into details. Just know that things will never be the same in our home again and it is very hard for us but we thought long and hard and in our hearts we know that it is for the best and are praying that things will work out.

Miah's diabetes is still not where is needs to be. We had an appointment yesterday and her glucose level had dropped but still are very high. She's doing well and we are doing what we can to help the process. She is now taking 4U twice a day.

My husband had his appointment on Weds and the Doc discussed his EKG results and said that the condition that he has is not as serious as the urgent care docs led us to believe which was a HUGE relief for us. We've been so scared of what could happen but understand more clearly now that we got a second opinion and things were explained to us better. His back injury is still not healed and is very painful for him so they are continuing the meds. As for his high BP that to is being managed now with medication. It's still new so hopefully with the meds and the changes that he has made to his diet and eating habits his health will improve. They ordered a full panel of blood work that he has to still do and which may take some prodding but its something that needs to be done and will give the doctors more information on his heart and so much more so that they can determine the right course of action if any.

Our only concern is the BP meds and the muscle relaxers make him very dizzy. When he took both together yesterday for the first time he said that he felt like he was high which is not a good feeling to have when you have to drive and work. So, instead he will now take them at night before bed with the hopes that that will help. I'd much rather him sleep off that feeling then to take the chance of injuring himself or god forbid someone else during a medication high.

As for myself my anxiety is still very high it seems to rise each time I come here for fear I will be judged and I have which is of course is no surprise to me since no one know the whole story. Sadly I will continue to be judged by people who think that they know me but until they walk a day in my shoes, pay my bills, live my life and know what takes place in my home they have no right to judge me or the decisions that I make on behalf of my family. We still have a long road to go before our hearts can let go of the losses and the pain within out household but we hope and pray that we are making the right choices for all involved and pray that all will be OK.
You know, you can sit here all day and say that people judge for no reason; but the fact remains that some of us actually READ what YOU WRITE. Here and on FB. Interestingly, some of the posts that painted a clear picture have been deleted. One thing you have not figured out yet, is that it is THE PUPS in your home I speak about...not you, not YOUR problems....We all have problems. I speak for the pups who have no voice.

You say you fear coming here...my question to you is why you come here if it is that unhealthy?. Is it to gain sympathy and make me out to be a bad guy? Seems to be my take on it.

All I can say is that we all must make tough decisions. That's life.

When a person sits here and pretty much draws a very clear picture that shows an animal is getting less than deserved I will ALWAYS say something...and it wouldn't matter if it was you or someone I personally know. I don't stand for seeing animals suffer. I actually offered to help one of them....Brandi...and you ignored me. Instead you euthanized her. Not that it was a wrong decision .. that was your choice but it only happened after you got called out on that thread where you were clearly not doing right by her.

I kept my mouth shut when you again drew a clear picture of how long it took to actually get Miah to a vet for care.... I avoided it. BUT to then come along and suggest that she should be rehomed because another pup was attacking her?? The same pup, Ruby, who was happy to "share" her litter with Miah in April???? If you ask me, it was an excuse, OR there was somethign wrong with Ruby because that would be a drastic change.

Ugh...enough of the poor me's please. Gets old
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!