View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #15
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Hi everyone. Sorry to be so late back to this but I'm dealing with a ton of issues at the moment and getting very overwhelmed.
Our other dog, also eating DVPNB Vegetarian kibble has developed severe ear infections and had to be put on steroids for a few weeks. We're just dialing her back on doses now and yet she is still having problems. She's also had digestive issues in the last month or so but this is not her only source of nourishment as we feed her homecooked chicken with the kibble. But poor Jenna has nothing else.

A few days ago, while at the end of her second round of amoxicillin, she vomited her food up about 4 hours after eating...maybe a bit longer even...and half of it came up undigested. Phoned her vet and since she didn't do it more than once he said to keep feeding her and we'd recheck in a week. Well last night she was extremely agitated and when we walked outside she took a long time finding a spot and then had liquid diarrhea with mucous again. She strained long after it seemed like she'd finished and was low energy and nervy the rest of the night.

Ladyjane I did look at the site you mentioned but I was stunned that a consult is $300. Is that a typical amount for these services? Due to my current financial situation and being almost at the end of my Care Credit limit that is a huge cost for me. I have no idea where I'll come up with that kind of money after already getting into deep debt on this issue. But it seems I will have no choice because I can't let this continue. ConsumerAffairs.com logged another complaint just two days ago from someone complaining about Natural Balance. Something must be very wrong with this food.
I actually got desperate and ordered some Halo Vegan kibble just in case but now I'm not certain even that will help. Jenna has been fasted since last night and looks brighter today but she is going to get hungry. What the heck do I feed her??
Have a call in to my vet but I loathe getting fobbed off (or being patronized) and just given more meds for her that won't address the problem. I'm sure they're sick of hearing from me but I'm sick of dancing around this issue.

*sigh* Sorry for ranting but I'm at the breaking point. Been very ill myself in the last 24 hours and my patience is worn threadbare.
Will try to update as soon as I know more. By the way all her tests came back from A&M normal. Just don't feel like anything is helping.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!